Monday, April 17, 2017

6 Things You Didn’t Know About GPS

The Global Positioning System (GPS) is critical in enabling many of our technologies. GPS allows us to get accurate directions while we drive, helps emergency responders to quickly find callers, tracks how far we ran during a workout, and much more.

Despite how ubiquitous GPS has become, and how essential it is for so many technologies we’ve come to take for granted, I realized that I didn’t know that much about GPS.

At a high level, I thought I understood how GPS works. Satellites transmit their location, and by using three of them you can solve for your own location in 3D space, right?

Turns out I was wrong, so here are 6 things you probably didn’t know about GPS.

PLEASE CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE: 6 Things You Didn’t Know About GPS – IoT For All


No comments:

Post a Comment