Thursday, April 20, 2017

Bruce Springsteen: anti-Trump protest song hitting out at ‘conman and his crooks’

Rock-and-roll legend Bruce Springsteen has teamed up once again with Pittsburgh musician Joe Grushecky on the track called That’s What Makes Us Great which criticizes Donald Trump.

I had this song, and Bruce and I had been talking,’ Grushecky said, talking to the Pittsburgh Post Gazette.

‘I sent it to him and he liked it. I said, “What do you think about singing on it?”

‘He gave it the Bruce treatment.’

The scathing lyrics touch on immigration, and saves his most harsh criticism for a verse in which he sings: ‘And don’t you brag to me that you never read a book. I never put my faith in a con man and his crooks.’

The chorus is slightly more upbeat, stating: ‘It’s up to me and you. Love can conquer hate. I know this to be true. That’s what makes us great.’

Source: Bruce Springsteen releases anti-Trump protest song | Daily Mail Online


No comments:

Post a Comment