Thursday, March 16, 2017

Microsoft, Please Stop Breaking My PC With Windows 10’s Automatic Updates

Hey Microsoft, could you please stop breaking my PC? The latest WPD driver update released on March 8, 2017 is just the latest in a long string of bad updates. If Windows 10 is going to force these updates on my system, the least Microsoft could do is test them properly first.

Don’t get us wrong: automatic updates are very important for security reasons, and we believe they are a good thing. The problem is that Microsoft isn’t just releasing security updates. They’re making major changes to Windows, and not testing the updates properly. They need to do better.

Whenever there’s a big update, there are more advertising settings I have to disable just to keep my operating system quiet.

Microsoft charges $119 for the Home edition of Windows 10 and $200 for the Professional edition. And the Professional edition has just as many ads as the Home version. That doesn’t seem right.

Source: Microsoft, Please Stop Breaking My PC With Windows 10’s Automatic Updates

PS; DOESN’T HAPPEN WITH A LINUX MACHINE…


No comments:

Post a Comment