Friday, March 31, 2017

The Good Fight review: the avengers assemble for what promises to be one hell of a scrap

Any anxiety that this spin-off of The Good Wife might not be up to the job was dispelled in a two-part opener that was, simply, powerful and brilliant TV

So I approach The Good Fight (More4), the TGW spin-off show fans have been baying for, with a feeling of rising anxiety that I am going to enjoy it. Imagine my gloom after the opening double bill, which plays out like the perfect superhero origin story but with more decanters and depositions. It’s brilliant. Not only will I have to watch every last second of it over the coming weeks, but the spectre of TGW (I dare not type its name) looms ever larger, reminding me of what I am now undoubtedly missing.

The Good Fight stars Christine Baranski as Diane Lockhart, partner in (deep breath) Lockhart, Deckler, Gussman, Lee, Lyman, Gilbert, Lurie, Kagan, Tannebaum & Associates, the top Chicago law firm where we (well, not me, obviously) left her at the end of The Good Wife’s seventh and final season in 2016.

Source: The Good Fight review: the avengers assemble for what promises to be one hell of a scrap | Television & radio | The Guardian


No comments:

Post a Comment