Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Central station shooting: NSW Police fire at man in standoff

A MAN has reportedly been shot by police following a standoff at Sydney’s Central Station.

A NSW Police spokeswoman told news.com.au she could not yet provide any details.

News.com.au has contacted NSW Ambulance for comment.

It is not known if the man is dead or alive or if anyone else was injured.

Nathan Yin was standing near Eddy Avenue entrance to Central Station waiting for a friend when he saw a man approach the florist and begin “breaking everything”.

‘A man came from nowhere. He tried to grab an old man, the florist owner, and he was pulling him and yelling at him. I said, ‘What the f*** do you want?’ and he said, ‘I just want to die’.

“I took off my bag and yelled at him, I tried to get him to stop.”

Mr Yin said he called police, who arrived within five minutes. That’s when he says the situation escalated.

“The man, I think he was holding scissors and trying to grab police and the police have shot him. Three or four gun shots.

“I was right there and I tried to escape the gunfire. I saw him go down. I think he got hit all over the body and he went down straight away.”

Another witness, Serena Whelan, said she heard three loud bangs from the park across the road around 6.20pm.

More to come.

Source: Central station shooting: NSW Police fire at man in standoff


No comments:

Post a Comment