Sunday, April 9, 2017

Max Verstappen: Holding off Ricciardo ‘not nice’ #F1 #ChineseGP πŸ‡¨πŸ‡³

Max Verstappen enjoyed a race of contrasts in China on Sunday, charging through the field on the opening lap, but then having to go very much on the defensive in the closing stages, when he came under intense pressure from Red Bull team mate Daniel Ricciardo for the final podium spot.

Starting 16th on the grid after an engine software problem in qualifying, Verstappen made the most of the damp conditions when the lights went out, moving up to seventh place by the end of Lap 1, before ultimately going on to finish third behind Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton and Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel – earning Driver of the Day honours in the process.

“That was not bad I think,” said the Dutchman modestly. “I really enjoyed that first lap where I passed nine cars and from there onwards I think there were some good moves as well to overtake.

“I was struggling a little bit with the balance of the car because yesterday I didn’t run a lot, of course, in qualifying, so I didn’t really have a good picture of it because we changed a lot from FP3 on the car.

Video: Verstappen: Holding off Ricciardo ‘not nice’


No comments:

Post a Comment