Friday, April 14, 2017

Gripping new drama reveals the tumultuous life of Einstein – Geoffrey Rush stars

Fresh from her turn in the controversial drama Apple Tree Yard, in which she played a scientist who has a steamy affair with a stranger, with disastrous consequences, Emily Watson returns to the screen in a somewhat less racy but equally conflicted role this month, playing a scientist’s wife – Albert Einstein’s to be precise.

She was in Prague filming Genius, the ten-part drama about the Nobel Prize-winner, when Apple Tree Yard was broadcast here in January and February – much to her relief.

‘It was great making Apple Tree Yard but when I saw all the reaction online I did think, “Oh my God!”’ she laughs.

‘I was nervous about the sex at first, I knew some people would disapprove of a middle-aged woman having an exciting affair, but I’m glad I did it.

‘I was surprised it became such a big deal. It was watercooler-moment TV and I haven’t really done anything like that before.’

Source: Gripping new drama reveals the tumultuous life of Einstein | Daily Mail Online


No comments:

Post a Comment