Saturday, June 10, 2017

London Bridge terror attack: Perth women tell of horror of hiding from terrorists

THREE Perth women who were in a pub where the London Bridge terrorists were shot dead have told of the moment they feared they were about to be murdered by knife-wielding jihadis.

Friends Rass Meechamnan, Emily Ferns and Madi Lewis hid in a toilet cubicle at The Wheatsheaf in Borough Market with other terrified customers as staff barricaded the doors with beer kegs.

As the three men smashed windows to gain access to drinkers inside, 26-year-old Rass, of Jandakot, sent text messages to her parents back home in WA saying: “Dad and Mum I love you so much.”

“I honestly thought we were going to die,” Rass told PerthNow through tears. “I messaged my dad and I messaged my boyfriend just to say that I loved them because I truly thought that was it.”

MORE: London Bridge terror attack: Perth women tell of horror of hiding from terrorists | Perth Now


No comments:

Post a Comment