Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Gun Man robbing ANZ bank asks woman ‘Can you call me a cab?’

‘Can you call me a cab?’:

A man on the run from police has asked a resident to call him a taxi just moments after allegedly holding-up an Auckland bank at gunpoint.

Police are investigating after an ANZ Bank branch in Glenfield – on Auckland’s north shore – was robbed by a man carrying a pistol and another woman about 1pm Wednesday.

A nearby resident said she was having lunch when the man walked down her driveway ‘huffing and puffing’, according to 7 News.

He then knocked on the woman’s door and asked if she could call him a taxi, the resident said.

‘I said “don’t you have a phone?” I didn’t think anything of it,’ she said according to 7 News.

She then ordered a taxi for the man, but forced him to wait on the roadside.

The woman ordered a taxi (stock image) for the man, but forced him to wait on the roadside. Police arrived shortly after and the man allegedly tried to run inside the woman's homePolice arrived shortly after and the man allegedly tried to run inside the woman’s home.

I just started screaming. I told him to get the f***ing hell out,’ she said.

Armed police entered the woman’s home to search for the man but he had escaped.

‘They told me to put my hands up. I said ‘I live here, I live here a man has run out the back”, she said.

Police said a man and a woman escaped with a ‘small amount of money’, and no one was injured.

MORE: Man accused of robbing bank asks woman to call him a taxi | Daily Mail Online


No comments:

Post a Comment