Friday, May 5, 2017

Australian lesbian duet perform for  Trump + Turnbull

Australian lesbian country music star Beccy Cole performed with her lesbian partner and ‘wife-to-be’ Libby O’Donovan in front of President Trump on Friday.

The singer, who was invited to perform at the 75th Anniversary Battle of the Coral Sea Commemorative Dinner in New York, claims she said ‘yes’ before she knew Trump would be in attendance.

Speaking to Lesbians On The Loose she said: ‘I didn’t know he [President Trump] was going to be there when I said yes to performing.’

President Donald Trump remains opposed to same-sex marriage and has said he would ‘strongly consider’ overturning the supreme court’s 2015 ruling that legalized same-sex marriage across the United States.

Meanwhile, Australia’s Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has yet to respond to the Say I Do Down Under campaign and their call to legalise gay marriage across Australia.

‘When I was told he would be in attendance, I went straight to my time in 2007 when I said no to singing for President Bush. People say ‘you’re singing for the President’. But I’m not. Trump will be in attendance and he’s welcome to listen…but I’m singing for the servicemen,’ she said before the event.

Beccy also added: ‘In my mind, I’m not doing this as a political move at all. We [Libby and I] will be up there performing side by side and I kiss her after every song I sing with her.’

The pair also shared the stage with American country singer Kellie Pickler and Australian artist Amber Lawrence.

They posed with Kellie later in the evening after singing together, with Libby adding: ‘Post gig selfie…Trump and Turnbull were there, along with 7 surviving Veterans from that battle. Amazing night.’

Amber later took to Instagram to pose with former Prime Minister Kevin Rudd, writing: ‘Met Mr Rudd at last night’s commemorative dinner. He stopped me to say hi and that he liked my song ‘100 year Handshake’… the current PM and POTUS left too quickly for a photo but it was amazing singing my song!’

Also in attendance was actor John Travolta, Australian swimmer Grant Hackett, Australian golfer Greg Norman, Australian-born American media mogul Rupert Murdoch and Australia’s richest person Gina Rinehart.

Source: Australian lesbian duet perform for President Donald Trump | Daily Mail Online


No comments:

Post a Comment