Monday, August 28, 2017

Crane falls into Sydney Harbour at Milsons Point near Luna Park – “huge bang”

A CRANE has toppled into Sydney Harbour close to amusement park Luna Park as witnesses describe hearing a “huge bang”.

Luke Bayly described how he was sitting on the opposite side of Sydney Harbour when he saw the crane collapse at around 1:00pm.

The crane was operating around Milsons Point, an affluent suburb on the lower North Shore of Sydney.

“It was a huge bang, it startled me, I thought a bomb had gone off,” he told ABC News.

Luna Park, located in Milsons Point, is on the northern shore of Sydney Harbour where the crane fell. It said it had no comment on the incident.

Witnesses say they could hear a loud splash as the giant structure toppled into the water.

“I was sitting on the other side of the harbour,” Mr Bayly said.

“I heard a huge bang. I looked up and I saw the crane splash into the water.”

Workers from Waterway Constructions are currently on the site.

Source: Crane falls into Sydney Harbour at Milsons Point near Luna Park: report


No comments:

Post a Comment