Friday, July 14, 2017

Third AFL executive caught up in scandal

Reports of new allegations of an inappropriate relationship against a third high-ranking AFL executive.

The Herald Sun reports new allegations of an inappropriate relationship against a third high-ranking AFL executive has come to light.

The revelations come following the resignation of two managers after they admitted to inappropriate relationships with younger women in the industry.

It’s also been revealed the girlfriend of rugby union star Kurtley Beale is one of the women caught up in the latest scandal to plague the league.

Maddi Blomberg has been linked with AFL general manager Simon Lethlean.

Former AFL football operations manager Simon Lethlean has apologised for the inappropriate relationship which forced his resignation.

‘I failed my wife, my family, my friends, my organisation and football by making the decision I have … I am deeply sorry for all the hurt and embarrassment I have caused,’ Lethlean said in a statement.

AFL CEO Gillian Mclaughlin said AFL executives need to be held to ‘higher standards.’

‘I’m not going to talk to specific details about anything other than to say, I’ve got a duty of care to a lot of people here,’ he said,

Source: Third AFL executive caught up in scandal


No comments:

Post a Comment