Friday, July 21, 2017

Jens Keukeleire: “It was a dream to win on Belgium’s national day” Stage 19 – Tour de France 2017

Jens Keukeleire: “It was a dream to win on Belgium’s national day”

“I was looking at all the attacks but eventually I think the best rider won today. He’s not anybody. He’s one of the strongest riders in the world. In the breakaway, I believed in my chances to win at the Tour de France. It was a dream. It would have been fabulous on Belgium’s national day. I’m a bit disappointed but I can’t live with regrets. We talked about it this morning that there were a couple of roundabouts. I didn’t think about it during the race but as soon as we hit that roundabout, that’s when it struck me ‘ah! we should have taken right”. Edvald took the shortest way. He’s the kind of guy, when he has ten meters, he’s gone.”

Source: Jens Keukeleire: “It was a dream to win on Belgium’s national day” – News stage 19 – Tour de France 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment