Sunday, August 27, 2017

Girl dies after being shot in neck at home in Lalor Park, in Sydney’s west

The mother of a three-year-old girl who died after being shot in the neck overnight in Sydney was heard saying “he shouldn’t have had a gun in the house” and expressing concern her other children could be taken away from her.

Emergency crews were called to a house on Danny Road in Lalor Park, in Sydney’s west, just after 8:00pm on Sunday following reports of gunfire and loud yelling.

They found the child with a gunshot wound to her neck.

The girl’s mother, in a state of high distress, was led out of the house and into an ambulance.

She was yelling: “I hate you, I hate you”. And then cried out: “Not my baby girl, not my baby girl.”

Police are investigating whether the toddler managed to shoot herself inside the family home.

A crime scene was set up and the house and part of the road was cordoned off.

A neighbour, Mark Tupua, told the ABC he rushed outside after hearing a loud bang.

“I thought it was a gun so I ran out as quick as I could,” he said.

“The father just got out of his car. He was crying, he couldn’t really breathe.

“He was just yelling at the top of his lungs to call for help, so I ran back inside to ask my sister to call.

Source: Girl dies after being shot in neck at home in Lalor Park, in Sydney’s west – ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)


No comments:

Post a Comment