Monday, August 28, 2017

Father charged with firearms offences over 3yo daughter’s gunshot death

The father of a three-year-old girl who died in Sydney last night from gunshot wounds to her neck will face court next month for owning an unregistered sawn-off shotgun and contravening an apprehended violence order (AVO).

The 43-year-old father was charged with not keeping firearms safe, possession of an unauthorised, prohibited and unregistered firearm, and breaching an AVO.

Emergency crews were called to a house on Danny Road in Lalor Park, in Sydney’s west, just after 8:00pm on Sunday after receiving reports of gunfire and yelling.

The house is understood to be the mother’s home, while the father’s residence is in the southern Sydney suburb of Arncliffe.

‘Not my baby girl’

Police said the girl’s mother was in the house when her daughter was shot and the father was also nearby.

She was seen by witnesses crying and yelling at a man at the scene.

She was yelling: “I hate you, I hate you”. And then cried out: “Not my baby girl, not my baby girl.”

Another neighbour, Mark Tupua, told the ABC he rushed outside after hearing a loud bang.

“I thought it was a gun so I ran out as quick as I could,” he said.

Source: Father charged with firearms offences over 3yo daughter’s gunshot death – ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)


No comments:

Post a Comment