Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I was an Idiot to think I could find an online business easily


Idiot me...
I was a real idiot. I was a retired pilot, business owner and widow. But I confess to being an idiot now. I had a comfortable life, if somewhat lonely, in Perth, Australia after my wife died.

But then I decided to go visiting Asia. Especially to wander around China. There I met a very charming Chinese lady, called Lianny, who has become my next wife. I wasn't looking for a new business, I was enjoying myself in retirement, enjoying China and of course meeting Lianny.

And then I fell over! And did I fall over. Wow, really bad.

I thought I was younger than I felt. Even though I had a stroke a few years earlier and that had left me a useless right arm, I could do most things. I was playing with Lianny's neighbors children at Badminton, when I fell over backwards across a concrete kerb.

Everybody has told me since how stupid this was and I agree now with that wonderful vision, called hindsight.

After the fall, after the incredible pain before the operation, I now find my injured leg is some 100 mm [4 inches] short. I had two operations to fix this, but both have failed and the 'new' 40 cm steel pin is working it's way into my hip joint!! My surgeon told me 6 months ago, try not to walk on it. That's a laugh, because of the leg shortage and the pain, walking is last I want to do at the moment.

So there I was, house bound and going 'stir crazy' because I could not do anything practical. I couldn't speak the language and couldn't move. What an IDIOT!

Online Business, Working from Home
Thinking about what I could do in this position, I thought it would be nice and easy to start an online business. That's what I mean about being an idiot. Not just in falling over, but in thinking this was going to be a so easy...

I have researched many internet business. I have purchased heaps of eBooks and systems from so called Gurus. I have looked at selling many products from Clickbank etc, and have advertised them and written blogs. I have a couple of web sites and I have tried Mobile phone advertising. All of this has been unprofitable.

Now, I not blaming anybody but myself. It is this idiot that has gone from one idea to the next. Thinking the latest gimmick would prove profitable. But none has... This online world is FULL of 'second hand car' types. All anxious to relieve you of your money with this 'latest get rich schemes'. All, or most of them, don't work. It is very easier to say that now and to say 'they would never work'. But at the time be exposed to all this hype, lies and inflated profits you can easily get lulled into saying yes. Most of the inline purveyors do not sell any product at all except their own 'get rich quick' schemes. The online business is full to overflowing with these pirates.
There is a company called Clickbank, they sell many, many online products. They are huge in there turnover. Some of the products are IMHO worthless, but many do work. But Clickbank has many of these 'get rich quick' schemes for sale. The biggest good thing about Clickbank is their refund policy for 60 days. It is VERY Good. No questions asked, just return the money. I have been a real idiot to buy some of these 'get rich quick' schemes, but Clickbank have always repaid the money after I found it didn't work.

Why do these marketeers of these products keep selling them if Clickbank return the money? It is easy, most of the time the buyers are somewhat 'lazy' and do not bother asking for a refund. The buyers usually try the product once or twice and then because it's 'hard' or 'different' or 'it's old hat' repackaged, they put it down. The 'product' gathers dust on their computer and is soon forgotten.
As you know, the internet is huge and now millions and millions go online to shop every day. And some of the people, like idiot me, are trying to find a work from home business 'easily'. The work from home business' do exist, but it requires work, not a magic button or money fairy. You HAVE to work at it and because it's in 'unknown territory' it CAN be very hard at times. There is a lot of help online, BUT it's surrounded by Wolfs in Sheep clothing. So be careful. You can do all you self. You can get a Domain Name and a Host and put these two together to make 'your web site' . I have done this and it relatively easy if you have plenty of time or know a bit about the web & computers. I thought I did, but I also thought a Domain & a Host were the same! There are not. The Domain is just you web name like JohnandJaneSmith.com but when you purchased this you have to find a place to Host it [or store it]. I have used godaddy.com and hostgator.com the two both can get a Domain  AND Host it for a year or more. They are many others and some are free. But most of the free ones have adverts etc on everywhere. I find the best free service is where I host this blog, www.blogger.com where you can host a blog or change it to be a full web site. 
Also a free service is provided by http://instantdomainsearch.com/ for anybody to 'look up' their choice of name and see if it is taken.

If you have no idea what to do and you time is limited, I find this site does everything for/with you; http://bit.ly/websitesell  They start of explaining very simply [for idiots like me!] what you have to do etc. They can get you started very quickly and you will have 'your' web site up and running very soon. And it gets better as well, they show how to get an Google Adsense account [& how to keep it!]. This is where advertisers pay you money to advertise on your site. It might be nothing to $5 a week when you start, but with help getting your site in front of the millions of people it can soon turn into thousands. But you have to work at it or get some one like [web]sitesell. The real advantage with this company is it doesn't cost any more than doing it your self. I wish I had found it before it spent hours and hours playing around on godaddy with my 'site' in c-panel and wondering how to I do this or that?

Here is a site that tells you of a young lady that is making a good income from her site and Google Adsense as well. She is a 'real' person, not like some of the 'get rich quick cowboys'!
http://www.2createawebsite.com/money/google-adsense.html

And do look at this site for help and to start [& to make money]; http://bit.ly/websitesell

No comments:

Post a Comment